Who would have thought...

That I would be able to inspire people to be the best that they can be and became my successor by winning the recent Miss World 2007 title? I know I didn't imagine that the girl that I chatted (well, it wasn't so much of a chat pun; it was purely Myspace msg-ing only) with ended up becoming the next Miss World title holder...
Hi kakak..
As i iook at your photos when you were crown as the miss world,i was really amazed and inspied by you to enter ths competition.

Kakak,
yes i am a dreamer and definately want to win this crown,because i believe this competition is not about beauty but how articulate u are too.i dun care watever people want to say,but i am here to strive for the best..u gave me the strength to do so..

I read ur blog and its amazed me when you really have the guts to strive for the best.. yes miss tak serik serik.

Kakak,
if you don't mind,maybe is it ok for u to give some tips for the upcoming miss world competition?
you really inspires me...

Want the crown.Wear the crown.Feel the crown.Be the crown.
thanks kakak.
-Ilya-

That msg was sent to me in Myspace just 2 days before the actual event; and I managed to send her a reply something somewhat a very brief reply...
Dearest Ilya...
Sorry I have to make this one a short one. Maybe we'll chat again during rehearsals or something ya...

About some few pointers...
1. Be yourself; head's up, chin's up, boob's up - showtime girl!! :)
2. Do no slouch, stand tall, shoulders straight... its gives that additional extra confident look
3. Dont over do it with your introduction speech - remember, its ur 1st impression tu, and it counts
4. Relax, enjoy the moment, ignore bad critics, good remarks to be taken into consideration, and always, always remember, ...
Want the crown... Wear the crown... Feel the crown... BE the crown! :)

Good luck darlin... ;)

-Lea, Miss World 2006-

And then...

Yeap - later on during the weekendings katanya, I crowned the girl yang I managed to chat for a brief moment during the rehearsals as my successor. Truth be told, during the rehearsals, me and C.A. dah sort of like saw 'it' in her... we sort of like said to each other, "She could be it - she could be the next Miss World"; judging from the way she carried herself during the rehearsals, how she gave a full commitment towards' the rehearsals conducted by Ginger, and the way she spoke to me during that brief moment; how she asked questions and stuffs, I knew I saw that spark in her to win the title. And tepat jangkaan kasar me and and C.A., she ended having the crown to herself later that night...

A very, VERY determined girl, she reminded me of myself when I started my journey in beauty pageants. A first timer in a beauty pageant, she was however an experienced model in the real life world. Still pursuing her her studies in public relations (correct me if am wrong - but that's what I heard from the committee...), she was indeed a very smart person, with terrific communication skills in English that is, and with some sense of humor; I must say, she will make a terrific Miss World and will certainly carry on the title well.

Although I must say I had my favorite(s) to grab the title, she swept the floor that night with her poise, charm and personality yang I sort of like said to myself - "Hmmm... not bad... not bad..." and indeed, she was such NOT a disappointment for me having to give away the title to her.
My congratulations to you once again Miss Antigua and Barbuda/ World 2007 - may your one year as the title holder be blessed with many more great journeys filled with experiences and memorable moments that will lead you to become a better person, a more matured and above all, a more beautiful person in you that will last forever even after you've passed on the title to your successor next year... :) - Lea, ex- Miss World 2006, your predecessor...

The crowning moment of Miss Antigua and Barbuda as the new Miss World 2007! Congratulations once again!!!


Print option:




Anonymous said...  
what is live without surprises? gud to knoiw ur happy to see others succeed

The Table Of Content

To show and hide the table of contents, please click on the following URL:

The Blog Posts

Displaying 2 postings per page; latest post on top